Welcome to Chantry School. The school is for 60 Students with social, emotional and behavioural difficulties. As we are a small school, everyone is well known and well cared for in a disciplined, yet friendly atmosphere.
We give every student the opportunity to succeed whether it is in the classroom, on the sports field, in the local community or in one of the many extra curricular activities.
Many of our pupils come here having had very difficult experiences of school in the past. We aim to reconnect them with education so they can make progress to becoming successful adults.
The staff at Chantry are skilled and dedicated to working with children with behavioural and other special needs.
If you are a student, we hope you will be happy and successful here. If you are a parent/carer, we hope you will be pleased with the education we provide for your son or daughter and that you will support the school and your child.
Chantry School Mission Statement
- We will work with our students to build confidence in their abilities to succeed at school and as adults.
- We will teach our pupils to keep themselves healthy and safe.
- We will help our pupils to learn to understand and manage their feelings.
- We will provide help for parents and carers to support and nurture their children.
- We will support schools across the borough where pupils are experiencing behavioural, emotional or social difficulties.
Latest Ofsted Report
Chantry's last Ofsted resport was published on 1st July 2011 and recieved a 'Satisfactory' outcome. The full report can be downloaded here. Ofsted Report July 2011.